Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

USB problem

I got my iTouch 5g the day it came out, and now I think it doesn't work anymore, I plug it in, And my iTouch goes nuts because it acts like im pluigging it in/out fast multiple times and making those plugin/out sounds, when I only plugged it in once and left it..When it stops..It says it's charging but it's not..

Also my iTouch says "This cable or accessory is not certified and may not work reliably with this iTouch"

I wanted to get a cheap lightning cable for like 3 bucks but they're fake, and I heard they can be "hacked", Am I screwed and need to spend like 30 bucks for a certified Apple cable?

iPod touch

Posted on Mar 22, 2014 9:58 AM

4 replies

Mar 22, 2014 10:09 AM in response to darkstarwut

I would take a hard look inside the charging port on the bottom of your iPod and see if you see anything abnormal like green or blue corrosion or any bent pins.

Next, I would take it to your local apple store, wireless carrier, or electronics store (like best buy) and see if they have an opened Apple lightning charger they can plug in with. This will let you know for sure if it's the iPod or the cable before you spend any money.

USB problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.