Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Installing itunes for windows 8.1 64 bit

I just updated my old computeer to a new one with widows 8.1 64 bit and it doesn't let me install itunes on it. it tells me that "the app can not be run in this PC"

some help please?

iPhone 5, Other OS

Posted on Mar 22, 2014 10:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 22, 2014 12:28 PM

That suggests the installer is getting damaged during the download.

Try downloading an installer from the Apple website using a different web browser:

http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

If you use Firefox instead of IE for the download (or vice versa), do you get a working installer?

If you still can't get a working installer from the standard download page, try the following direct download links for 11.1.5.5:

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 22, 2014 12:28 PM in response to melissamarieeex

That suggests the installer is getting damaged during the download.

Try downloading an installer from the Apple website using a different web browser:

http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

If you use Firefox instead of IE for the download (or vice versa), do you get a working installer?

If you still can't get a working installer from the standard download page, try the following direct download links for 11.1.5.5:

Apr 14, 2015 11:03 AM in response to Yorkiemommy3

That version is quite old now, though its fine if you don't have a device that requires a newer version for syncing or want to use the latest features. Should you want to bring things up to date howver, and have problems updating, then for general advice see Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates.

The steps in the second box are a guide to removing everything related to iTunes and then rebuilding it which is often a good starting point unless the symptoms indicate a more specific approach. Review the other boxes and the list of support documents further down the page in case one of them applies.

The further information area has direct links to the current and recent builds in case you have problems downloading, need to revert to an older version or want to try the iTunes for Windows (64-bit - for older video cards) release as a workaround for installation or performance issues, or compatibility with QuickTime or third party software.

Your library should be unaffected by these steps but there are also links to backup and recovery advice should it be needed.

tt2

Installing itunes for windows 8.1 64 bit

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.