Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery life mah problem Macbook Pro Retina 13inch (Late 2013)

Hi Guys,

I recently bought a macbook pro retina 13 inch late 2013.My battery was working fine. The only problem is I reliased that the full charge capacity had only 6673 mah, and only charged to 6579 mah. So I read some discussion on apple site. A lot people having 8200 mah ++ full charge capacity for their macbook pro retina (late 2013). I started to worry since my macbook pro retina are only one week old. Can anyone tell me is my battery normal? Should I replace one at apple store?

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013), OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Mar 22, 2014 10:18 AM

4 replies

Jun 9, 2014 11:41 AM in response to Guei Rong

Same problem. I have got Macbook pro Retina 13" (late 2013) and it shows 6574mAh as capacity on full charge, but after long (6+) hours of charging it still shows charged to 6300mAh...

Battery Health app shows me that original max mAh of my battery is 6330 mAh.. but everywhere on the internet there are better values... How big should be this value on the new battery?

I have my macbook for 3 days. Is it a reason to claim the mbp? thank your for your prompt reply.

Jul 7, 2014 8:02 AM in response to AbundantL

No AbundantL! Your battery is perfectly healthy. Just try using it for a day or two connected with AC power on mostly. Then drain it to 30-40% and charge again. Repeat it a few number of times and your max mah would increase to around 6500 which is the statistic we should worry about.

Also remember to charge it always once the bar reaches 20-25%. Never go below that as it would reduce the battery capacity to store charge.

Jul 7, 2014 9:08 AM in response to Guei Rong

To all: Remember that notebooks with larger screen sizes are fitted with higher capacity batteries. The "8200" referred to could be a 15-inch MBP.

So stop the quessing and assuming and get a utility that has a database of accurate battery design capacity specs. I use Coconut Battery:

http://www.coconut-flavour.com/coconutbattery/

That utility will accurately report the design capacity of your battery so you are not inferring some parameter of a another Mac product on yours.

And a quick comment: "Design Capacity" is a target value. Every battery is a bit different. Yours could be a little under or a little over the "nominal" value. A 2012 13-inch MBP has a nominal design capacity of 5770 maH per Coconut Battery, but mine was on the high side--about 5850 maH--when new. So don't go compalining if your is a little over or under the "design capacity." What you see in the utility is your actual capacity.

Battery life mah problem Macbook Pro Retina 13inch (Late 2013)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.