Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad 2 not charging after iOS 7.1

My iPad2 doesn't charge after the iOS 7.1 update and is now inoperable. I have been keeping it plugged in with the supplied Apple wall charger. Also tried charging connected to my MacBook Pro. The screen remains black unless I push the home button. Then I see a battery symbol will a small red stripe (actually 4 thin stripes) on the left of the battery icon that indicates the battery is extremely low. It will not boot in iOS. I tried rebooting. I tried connected via iTunes on my laptop. I have tried doing a factory reset by holding down the power button and home button over 15 seconds. Nothing. I am thinking of unplugging the charger and letting the battery run down completely. Then plugging it back in and hope then it will charge. And then maybe I will be able to restart it. I don't see anyone say they tried this. I am not sure this is recommended. Or if it might cause damage. I don't have any data on the iPad I am worried about loosing.

iPad 2, iOS 7.1, frozen at low battery message.

Posted on Mar 22, 2014 9:58 AM

1 reply

Mar 24, 2014 8:16 AM in response to bsl01

Hello bsl01,

The following article provides some additional troubleshooting steps that may help get your iPad working again.

1. If the above steps do not resolve the issue, or the if the screen remains black or shows a persistent Apple logo, try restoring with iTunes:
    1. Connect the device to your computer and open iTunes.
    2. If the device appears in iTunes, select and click Restore on the Summary pane. Learn more aboutrestoring iOS software.
    3. If the device doesn't appear in iTunes, try to force the device into recovery mode, and then restore it.
  2. If the above steps do not resolve the issue, contact Apple.

iOS: Not responding or does not turn on

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3281

Cheers,

Allen

iPad 2 not charging after iOS 7.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.