Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost Wallpaper folder and Default background issue

Hi I just lost my wallpaper folder, it disappeared and I don't know if I deleted it or if it was a bug (I deleted a copy of it and somehow the original wasn't there anymore). I was quite annoyed but couldn't do anything since I didn't do any backup.

Now my other problem is with my new wallpaper folder: every time I set it up when I close the settings windows it goes back to the default background with the default setting (ie not on random etc...)

How is that possible? Is that related to what happened to my former background folder? It has never happened to me since I got this macbook air in August 2013.

To be sure I set it up right: - I added my folder via the plus sign in the corner of the desktop and screensaver window.
- My folder is located in my SSD in the documents section

MacBook Air, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Mar 22, 2014 12:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 22, 2014 1:28 PM

Some things to try.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5489667?start=15&tstart=0

3 replies

Mar 22, 2014 1:40 PM in response to Eric Root

Hi thanks Eric,

I found it as well and try some of their things.

I couldn't delete the plist but when I restarted the computer it worked and I could keep my settings 😀

Unfortunately (and I don't know why) it deleted all my preferences, from my browser preferences to my dock or my mail configuration... I fear all the damages it has caused and still don't really know the source 😮

I restarted it again to see if it would keep my preferences and it did so now I'm getting my things back (set up my mail accounts, download my browsers extensions ...)

Lost Wallpaper folder and Default background issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.