Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Numbers - Remove Hyperlinks

Hi - I'm using the lastest version of Numbers on Maverick and I'm editing documents with links in them. However, every time I make a change in a cell, the link turns to a hyperlink. I know how to remove each one separate with the format key. Is there a way to select the entire document at the end and remove all the hyperlinks at once? Thx

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Mar 22, 2014 11:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 4, 2016 2:45 PM

I had the same question and google point me to this post. Like this one, all other I found didn't help me so much, so I figured out something easy and worked for me.

I had a large list of names of places (more than 3,000), taken from a web site, and with the process of copying and pasting to Numbers, I got the names I wanted, but with all its hyperlink also.

Only one column had the names with hyperlink, and change manually one by one, it would be a hard work. My solution went export my Numbers file to CSV file. (File > Export to... > CSV)

Of course, any text formatting, formulas, etc. also they disappear. So it can be taken only in the CSV file data as required. For me it was good to change only one column.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 4, 2016 2:45 PM in response to Sodie333

I had the same question and google point me to this post. Like this one, all other I found didn't help me so much, so I figured out something easy and worked for me.

I had a large list of names of places (more than 3,000), taken from a web site, and with the process of copying and pasting to Numbers, I got the names I wanted, but with all its hyperlink also.

Only one column had the names with hyperlink, and change manually one by one, it would be a hard work. My solution went export my Numbers file to CSV file. (File > Export to... > CSV)

Of course, any text formatting, formulas, etc. also they disappear. So it can be taken only in the CSV file data as required. For me it was good to change only one column.

Feb 5, 2016 7:39 AM in response to Sodie333

Hi Sodie,

My preferred method is (as advised by TravelAgentDavid)

Edit -> Copy

Edit -> Paste and Match Style

Adding to the good advice from SG, TravelAgentDavid and Acecha, you may find the PLAINTEXT function will help sometimes.

User uploaded file

Formula in C2 (and Fill Down)

=PLAINTEXT(B2)

Select Column C, Menu > Edit > Copy

Menu > Edit > Paste Formula Results to "fix" the result

Then you can delete Column B.

Happy Numbering!

Regards,

Ian.

Numbers - Remove Hyperlinks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.