Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do not Disturb does not work.

My do not disturb does not work on my iphone 5. I have tried changing to different settings, I have tried putting my phone to silent, turning it on, i have tried allowing calls from no one (always) and also tried switching it to when my phone is locked...the calls still come through...i turned off manual it worked when i tested it out, then i tried it again and the calls were coming through. I've basically tried changing all settings and different possibilities and my calls still come through

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Mar 22, 2014 2:33 PM

5 replies

Jan 17, 2015 7:46 AM in response to pkrldy

pkrldy wrote:

To turn ON/OFF "Do Not Disturb" on the left side of the phone (where the volume button are); the top button is the "Do Not Disturb" button. If in "up" position (toward screen) the "Do Not Disturb" feature is OFF. If in the "down" position (toward back of phone) the "Do Not Disturb" feature is ON.

That is not the Do Not Disturb feature. It's the Mute button. Do Not Disturb is activated either through Settings or through the Control Center. I also suspect that, in the almost one year since the OP posted, they have either resolved the issue on their own or given up.

Jan 17, 2015 7:59 AM in response to pkrldy

That is completely incorrect. The button that you are referring to is the Mute switch, which will turn off particular sounds and just allow vibration. Do Not Disturb turns off all notifications, and can be accessed via the Control Center, or Settings.

Another thing, this thread is 2 1/2 years old, and is from when Do Not Disturb was first introduced with a different iOS. Take a look at the link I provided earlier, and you will see the User Guide. You can read the difference between the activation of the Mute switch and Do Not Disturb.

While it is commendable for you to participate in the ASC, before you post something, make sure you look at the date of a thread, and that you are providing the correct information.

You have posted this incorrect info to three separate threads already, all that are at least a year or more old. WHY?!

Feb 11, 2015 8:18 AM in response to ChrisJ4203

So does this work or not? I have a iphone 5 with 8.1.2, with family favourites listed, the screen is black and the function switched on in Settings. When I phone from home the iphone reacts like normal ie it rings/vibrates. But if I remove all of my favourites and do it again the mobile does not react and upon activating the screen the NC on the mobile says I have missed a call. If I add my home number to the favourites the mobile reacts like normal ie rings/vibrates. So what is going on?

My thought is that I want to use this function when I am holiday. As it is a business phone I could then only have family numbers and my boss's number as favourites and not have to answer anything else. My preference would have been that all other numbers got sent to my voice mail instead of just ringing engaged.

Do not Disturb does not work.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.