Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 7.1 Incoming calls freeze phone iPhone 4s

So, since I got the 7.1 update, I've had my phone freeze up three times on incoming calls.

This happened the first time while playing Clash of Clans, and the incoming call screen pops up, but I am unable to accept or reject the call. Nor am I ab;e to use any other buttons or functions. The call keeps on ringing with no end, and seems stuck. Pressing the home button also did nothing. The only way I could fix this was to do a "hard restart" by pressing the home and power buttons.

The next time this happened was while using the WhoseHere app.

The third time was while I was in the multitasking view.

Same thing all three times. Phone gets stuck on the incoming call screen, have to Hard Reset to get out of it.

Kind of annoying to miss calls because I have to restart my phone....

Anyone else having this glitch?

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.1

Posted on Mar 22, 2014 2:16 PM

6 replies

Mar 24, 2014 6:50 AM in response to SmellyToad

I have the same issue here with my iPhone 4s and ios 7.1

It happened to me while the phone was inactive, when it started to vibrate (as I had it in silence mode) and tried to answer the call, the screen showed the incoming call number, the different options but nothing worked (answering, rejecting, answer with message, remind later, home button, power button, volume buttons, silence switch) and the call went on for around two seconds until I held theppower button for 5 seconds. Then the Apple logo was showed and in 2 seconds everything was working as expected.

I realized that I had 4 WhatsApp notifications that should had time as the incoming call was taking place, maybe that is why the iPhone get frozen.

Mar 31, 2014 10:45 AM in response to SmellyToad

I am also having this problem. I've only had it happen with incoming Facetime calls, but that's mainly how my husband and I communicate, I can't really recall receiving and normal voice calls since this started. Most of the time, it shuts down and reboots when it finally stops ringing. It's a huge pain!! This last time nothing was open or running when my phone rang, it was just sitting on my desk at work.

Jul 10, 2014 12:08 PM in response to SmellyToad

NOTE: This is not a problem of iPhone 4S. I've tested iPhone 4, 4S, 5C also! It's happening in all of Apple's iOS devices including iPad. But iPod Touch and iPad Wifi only are in exception.

Problem: Lock screen freeze while some one miss-call or even you reject a call. It can happens any time! any time, but not always.

Test that I've tried: From last 6 month after releasing iOS 7 I had tested on 3 iPhone 5C and 2 iPhone 4 and 1 iPhone 4S, I experience the same issues even by following few:

1. Rest by holding POWER and HOME button = failed, lock screen freeze few days after.
  2. Rest and Erase iPhone and "do not restore old data" + no iCloud Activation = failed, problem appears again.
  3. Turn off Settings -> Notification -> Phone -> Show in Lock Screen = failed, even the missed call is not appears in lock screen but it's still freezes.
  4. Turn off All Notification and Control Center in Lock Screen = failed, after 1 week problem appears again.

Temporary Solution:

1. Switch off iPhone and turn it on again = success, but not for long time, it will happen again
  2. Receive any incoming call = success, but appears again.

I think:

My friend was using iPhone 4 (GSM Tata Docomo 2G, India, Kolkata) then suddenly he brought a new iPhone 5C (GSM Airtel 4G, India, Kolkata). He never experience this problem, I used GSM Vodafone 3G India Kolkata SIM in every experiment. So I think it's not problem in software and hardware it's PROBLEM OF SIM CARDS or CARRIERS.

FINALLY I TESTED IT with OTHER CARRIERS GSM SIM Cards. AND it works. NO FREEZE in LOCK SCREEN! Please try this things and help everyone!

(sorry for my bad English)

iOS 7.1 Incoming calls freeze phone iPhone 4s

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.