Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get iBooks on an iPod 4th generation if it requires iOS 7 and it's not available to my iPod?

I'm trying to get a book on my iPod 4, however it doesn't have iBooks. When I try to download iBooks, it says it requires iOS 7, however my iPod can't get iOS 7. What gives?

iPod touch (4th generation), iOS 6.1.6

Posted on Mar 22, 2014 3:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 22, 2014 3:17 PM

If you have iOS 4.2.1 or later on the iPod and there was version compatible with that version, then you should be able to get a compatible version by:

App Store: Downloading Older Versions of Apps on iOS - Apple Club

App Store: Install the latest compatible version of an app

You first have to download the non-compatible version on your computer. Then when you try to purchase the version on your iPod you will be offered a compatible version if one exists.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 22, 2014 3:17 PM in response to awfulOz

If you have iOS 4.2.1 or later on the iPod and there was version compatible with that version, then you should be able to get a compatible version by:

App Store: Downloading Older Versions of Apps on iOS - Apple Club

App Store: Install the latest compatible version of an app

You first have to download the non-compatible version on your computer. Then when you try to purchase the version on your iPod you will be offered a compatible version if one exists.

How do I get iBooks on an iPod 4th generation if it requires iOS 7 and it's not available to my iPod?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.