Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad3 broken or hacked?

Ipad 3 suddenly starts up every app and types in unknown data within seconds, then flashes on to the all other apps including Safari and sites I have visited. When I try to close any app there is not enough time. Could it be a bad sim card or some kind of outside hack? Bought the ipad 3 directly thru Apple and never had any problems before. MacBook Air and Iphone are all running fine. Obviousy, tried turning off and on, charging, etc. and it continues to happen so I am just leaving it turned off for now. Any ideas are appreciated.

iPad Air Wi-Fi, Cellular, iOS 7.0.6, All latest updates installed

Posted on Mar 22, 2014 3:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 23, 2014 3:13 AM

This is not a hack. My guess would be a hardware problem, but try some basic troubleshooting first.

First, try resetting your device. Press and hold both the home button and the sleep/wake button for about 10 seconds, until the screen turns off. Ignore the slider that will appear. Release the buttons, then press and hold the sleep/wake button until the Apple logo appears. This is the equivalent of a reboot, and should not affect your data or apps.

If that doesn't help, try restoring your device from backups, and if that doesn't help, restore it to factory settings (ie, do not restore a backup). See:

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1414

If none of that helps, the issue is caused by some kind of hardware problem, and the device will need to be repaired or (more likely) replaced.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 23, 2014 3:13 AM in response to mrsskaty

This is not a hack. My guess would be a hardware problem, but try some basic troubleshooting first.

First, try resetting your device. Press and hold both the home button and the sleep/wake button for about 10 seconds, until the screen turns off. Ignore the slider that will appear. Release the buttons, then press and hold the sleep/wake button until the Apple logo appears. This is the equivalent of a reboot, and should not affect your data or apps.

If that doesn't help, try restoring your device from backups, and if that doesn't help, restore it to factory settings (ie, do not restore a backup). See:

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1414

If none of that helps, the issue is caused by some kind of hardware problem, and the device will need to be repaired or (more likely) replaced.

iPad3 broken or hacked?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.