Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why are text 'out' generators being put at the beginning?

Inexperienced user question: why are text generators like 'blast out' being placed at the beginning of the text's timeline instead of the end?

ie I add a text, then add a 'text energetic' effect such as 'blast out' or 'bounce out', and it occurs in the first second of a 5 second timeline...the text blasts out, then pops back in for the rest of the 5 seconds.

I guess I wouldn't mind if I could slide the effect to later in the timeline but I can't find a way to do that. The keyframes underneath act differently than ones in FCX, I haven't made sense of them yet.

Thanks in advance, anybody.

Macbook Pro

Posted on Mar 22, 2014 3:36 PM

2 replies

Mar 22, 2014 10:47 PM in response to AldenP

All the text behaviors will align with the start of the text layer. Shift 'O' will set the playhead at the *end* of the text layer and Shift ] (right bracket) will move the *end* of the behavior to the where the playhead is set. So you can basically type Shift - O - ] (sequentially) when you add an "out" text animation to text and align it very quickly with the end of the text. [The keyboard shortcuts can all be found in the Mark Menu, although some might be confusing until you get a handle on them. For example, for the playhead you would go to Mark > Go To > Selection Out Point for shift-o, and you would move a layer with Mark > Move Selected Out Point. Motion has that shown as Shift } (right brace) but most people will refer to it as Shift - right bracket. ]

You can add any of the text behaviors you want to any text and slide them around in time. The effects of the animations are "additive". So you can: Add Blast In to the beginning, Add an Intermittent to start just as Blast In is ending (align playhead, type Shift-[) Add a Quazar Out somewhere in the middle of Intermittent and put a Blast Out on the end (it can overlap intermittent or not... won't matter.)

Experiment... Have fun 😉

why are text 'out' generators being put at the beginning?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.