Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

bevels don't work on cropped pictures

I'm taking some stills, cropping them to eliminate the excess material, then adding a bevel, and keyframing the light on the bevel in Motion 4. I don't get why the crop takes out the bevel on the cropped edges. Is there a way around this? I tried cropping in FC and exporting as a PNG and TIFF, but the result is the same.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3), FCP 7.0.3

Posted on Mar 22, 2014 3:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 23, 2014 2:29 AM

Crop the stills in Photoshop (or other image editing app) first, then import them into your FCP project and add the bevel filter.

The reson that it doesn't work using the crop tool in FCP is that the crop is applied to the edges of the frame. When you crop the edges, you're also cropping the bevel filter's effect.

-DH

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 23, 2014 2:29 AM in response to Natalie Raichl

Crop the stills in Photoshop (or other image editing app) first, then import them into your FCP project and add the bevel filter.

The reson that it doesn't work using the crop tool in FCP is that the crop is applied to the edges of the frame. When you crop the edges, you're also cropping the bevel filter's effect.

-DH

bevels don't work on cropped pictures

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.