Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad 2 3G recovery mode loop - tried everything

Hello to all the community. I have an iPad 2 3G version. Update on 7.1 stuck on 60% and since then I am stuck in recovery mode loops with restores never going past 60% and get error 1 or 2 after 30 minutes on itunes.

What I have tried:

• Different USB port, Computer, Cable, iTunes version, firmware version
  • DFU mode
  • Restore with main buttons cable disconnected from the board

I am really desperate. We dont have official apple service in my country and i will cost me more to fix than buy a used working one.

Its really unfair killing my ipad from an official update. Never jailbreaked etc so I cant try to downgrade either.

Hope someone has a solution... 😟

iPad 2, iOS 7.1, iPad 2 3G recovery mode loop

Posted on Mar 22, 2014 4:31 PM

6 replies

Mar 24, 2014 7:01 AM in response to Lambretta_G

Hello Lambretta_G,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

For more information, take a look at:

Resolve specific iTunes update and restore errors

http://support.apple.com/kb/ts3694

Configure your security software

Related errors: 2, 4, 6, 9, 1000, 1611, 9006, 9807, 9844. Sometimes as a result of this issue, a device might stop responding during the restore process.

Check your security software and settings, which can block ports and prevent connection to Apple servers during update and restore.

Check for hardware issues

Related errors: 1, 3, 10-47, 1002, 1011, 1012, 1014, 1000-1020, 1669.

Try to restore your iOS device two more times while connected with a cable, computer, and network you know are good. Also, confirm your security software and settings are allowing communication between your device and update servers. If you still see the error message when you update or restore, contact Apple support.

Error 1015 might happen after making unauthorized modifications to iOS, also called "jailbreaking."

Have a nice day,

Mario

Mar 26, 2014 7:18 PM in response to Lambretta_G

After searching my restore logs I found out that my baseband chip is faulty:

[20:51:20.0333] 0: RamrodErrorDomain/3ec: update_baseband: failed querying baseband info

[20:51:20.0333] 1: BBUpdater/2

[20:51:20.0333] unable to convert ramrod error 1004

I decided to disconnect the module from the mainboard, but I get the same errror 😠

Is there any way to restore and boot without the module inside? Having a wifi only ipad is much better than no iPad at all....

iPad 2 3G recovery mode loop - tried everything

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.