Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hi, I would like to get virus protection for my Mac Air

Hi,

I would like to get my Virus Protection installed for my MAC Air.

MacBook Air, iOS 7.1

Posted on Mar 22, 2014 5:26 PM

3 replies

Mar 22, 2014 8:14 PM in response to ssls6

The linked article is 6 years old. That doesn't necessarily mean it's no longer relevant, but it is out-of-date in terms of current tecvhnology.

Some people are fervently oppsoed to using AV software on a Mac. Some people believe it's not a bad idea to run AV software on a Mac so long as it's not Nortons, McAfee, or other bloatware (such as MacKeeper which has its own threads, and is often mentioned in AV threads as well). If you search through Apple Discussions, you can find hours of reading on this subject.

ClamXav and Sophos, in my experience, are not going to kill your system, and allow you to consider the possibility that there could be an OS X malware issue at some point in the near or distant future. You're not crazy or killing your system if you run one of these two apps. You're also not crazy if you use no AV software on OS X.

But seriously, there are hundreds, maybe thousands of posts about this on Apple Discussions. Take a look for yourself, and whatever you decide, you;re not crazy.

Hi, I would like to get virus protection for my Mac Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.