Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ibackupbot

I saw on a previous string that in order to get rid of the OTHER on my Iphone, I could use IBackupBot.

I followed instructions to export MMS files using IBackupBot, and deleted the ones I didn't want.

But the next step is to "import the previously exported" items... and I don't have that icon on my menu bar.

Is it because I am using the trial version?
At one point, I also got an error about not being able to find a file related to prior sync.

How do I import my cleaned up MMS back into IBackupBot and get rid of the unwanted MMS files?

Any help appreciated.

iPhone 5, iOS 7.1, Getting rid of OTHER w IBackupbot

Posted on Mar 22, 2014 7:23 PM

8 replies

Mar 23, 2014 5:59 AM in response to diesel vdub

Thank you for the suggestion disel vdub. I will try to contact the developer.

But typically developers are either hard to reach or are not familiar enough with other company's devices to offer much help with issues specific to a particular device.

So that's why I reached out to the Apple Support Community to see if anyone else has had this issue.

Is there anyone else out there who has faced this issue and could offer some constructive advice?

Mar 23, 2014 10:26 AM in response to kratatat

No response yet from the software developer...

My issue is not with IBackupBot. My issue is that my Apple Iphone has a tremendous amount of OTHER, and if you search, there are hundreds of posts on the Apple Support Community regarding this, many of which direct users to IBackupBot as a potential solution.

I kept searching the forums and found a post from Mr. Luigi who contacted IBackupbot support for help with no luck (surprise...), but he did offer a solution, so if anyone else is having this issue, don't waste your time contacting the developer, take a look at Mr. Luigi's post on 9/25/13...

Jun 22, 2014 1:25 PM in response to kratatat

I'm hopeful that I can get some answers.

I have over 3.5GB of message data on my iPhone 5. I often refer back to these messages for business.

I'm looking for a way to delete all the photos or videos in all of the text/iMessages on my phone.

I've been searching and have tried various different options,besides manually going through all messages and deleting the photos/videos individually, to no avail.

Anyone know of a solution?

Ibackupbot

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.