Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems with iTunes sync - song ratings lost

This is incredibly frustrating: my old iPod nano overwrote/overrode all iTunes songs ratings it previously synced (with some random bad ratings). While my other devices sync correctly, the old iPod corrupting my Mac iTunes is messing up all of the subsequent syncs (with my new iPhone 5s or iPad 2). So before I do anymore sync's, I need to recover correct ratings in my Mac, hopefully from the new iPad or iPhone.

Can you help me find out how can I override the songs ratings in iTunes (now corrupted on my Mac), from the songs in my iPad2 or iPhone5s (which are still correct - unless of course I sync them one more time without fixing iTunes)?

My suspision is that the new iTunes version 11.1.5 on the Mac (which came out last week) has a bug supporting old iPod Nano's where it allows the Nano to override iTunes (yikes!!). Well, until that gets fixed, I'd like to just get back my song ratings currently in my new iPhone or iPad. THere's got to be an option where one can tell iTunes to just get overwritten in the next sync by (whetever device, such as) iPad...

Help!!

Thanks,

Michael

MacBook Pro (15-inch Late 2011), OS X Mavericks (10.9.2), iPod Nano v1.0.2, iPhone 5s v7.1

Posted on Mar 22, 2014 7:06 PM

There are no replies.

Problems with iTunes sync - song ratings lost

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.