Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When shooting tethered, is there a way to tell A3 to keep the files on the camera card?

I shot a portrait session with my Nikon D600 tethered to Aperture today.

I have my camera set up to record both Raw and Jpeg and to use card slot 2 as backup. So I get two copies of each for safety. When I shoot without tether, I then import both photos in A3 with JPG set as primary. So I get the lens correction automatically but I can switch to the RAW if I need to do some serious adjustments.

When I shot when a direct Aperture tether today, I noticed that

1) Nothing gets written to Card 1

2) Only the JPG gets written to Card 2

3) Aperture receives the Raw, the JPG and then a second copy of the same Raw named <file>_XXX.nef (1).

I would like to have one RAW and one JPG on one of the cards and one raw and one jpeg on Aperrture on the MBP.

I have not seen any setting that would let me do this. Does anyone know how to do that?

Thanks very much.

Bo

Aperture 3, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Mar 22, 2014 8:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 23, 2014 6:59 AM

There is no way to change the way Aperture behaves when working in tethered mode.

As for how how the camera behaves when tethered, where the image is stored, if it is stored locally etc. is up to the camera. You should look through the cameras manual or the manufactures website to see if the behavior can be modified.

regards

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 23, 2014 6:59 AM in response to Bmachine

There is no way to change the way Aperture behaves when working in tethered mode.

As for how how the camera behaves when tethered, where the image is stored, if it is stored locally etc. is up to the camera. You should look through the cameras manual or the manufactures website to see if the behavior can be modified.

regards

When shooting tethered, is there a way to tell A3 to keep the files on the camera card?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.