Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphones 5s home button lag help

Sometimes my iPhone 5s home button doesn't respond. I do not feel it is a hardware error because the phone is 2 weeks old. I feel it's because I'm not pushing the button hard enough or it's software error. Anyone else experiencing this?

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.1

Posted on Mar 22, 2014 10:32 PM

2 replies

Mar 25, 2014 7:37 AM in response to Community User

Hello samfromcorona,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

For more information, take a look at:

http://support.apple.com/kb/ts2802

http://support.apple.com/kb/ts2802

The Home button is slow to respond

1. If the Home button is slow to respond when exiting one application, try another application.
  2. If the issue exists only in certain applications, try removing and reinstalling those applications. Get further assistance in installing and troubleshooting applications.
  3. If the issue continues, Try turning iPhone off and then on again. If the iPhone will not restart, try resetting it.
  4. If the issue is still happening, try to restore the iPhone.
  5. Seek service is the issue is still occurring.

Have a nice day,

Mario

May 7, 2014 6:13 PM in response to Community User

Yeah, I've read a few threads about this as well. My 5s is about 3 weeks old and I also have the same occurring problem. It's not something that can be done at will though. It seems to happen at random. I feel like it's a software problem because the home button is never unresponsive whenever it's unlocked. Furthermore, I'm sure that the problem is not caused by not pressing the button hard enough.

Hoping that eventually there will be a solution to this problem! Can't help but feel there's something wrong with the phone whenever this happens.

Iphones 5s home button lag help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.