Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.
For more information, take a look at:
- If the Home button is slow to respond when exiting one application, try another application.
- If the issue exists only in certain applications, try removing and reinstalling those applications. Get further assistance in installing and troubleshooting applications.
- If the issue continues, Try turning iPhone off and then on again. If the iPhone will not restart, try resetting it.
- If the issue is still happening, try to restore the iPhone.
- Seek service is the issue is still occurring.
Have a nice day,
Yeah, I've read a few threads about this as well. My 5s is about 3 weeks old and I also have the same occurring problem. It's not something that can be done at will though. It seems to happen at random. I feel like it's a software problem because the home button is never unresponsive whenever it's unlocked. Furthermore, I'm sure that the problem is not caused by not pressing the button hard enough.
Hoping that eventually there will be a solution to this problem! Can't help but feel there's something wrong with the phone whenever this happens.