Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Reset iTunes Match

When I first purchased iTunes Match I didn't really understand what it was. I ended up putting it on my iMac's library that is filled with random songs (9,500) that are mislabeled, no artwork, wrong album, etc.

After putting up with that awful library I found all the good music I had on that iMac and put it on a clean iTunes library on a Mac Mini (1,200 songs). So my Mac mini now has a prime iTunes library, but I want it to replace my existing iCloud library.

I've gone through the steps of first deleting the songs from the iMac from iCloud and from the computer. I then deauthorized that computer, and turned off iTunes Match. When I went to the Mac mini and signed into iTunes Match, it scanned the library and did the all the processing steps. Once completed it said I had 9,500 songs availed in the cloud. I thought they had been deleted from the cloud by the other computer.

I've given it time. I've done the 999 song limit at a time and updated iTunes Match after each one (on the Mac mini). No matter how many times I have done it or how long I wait it still says I have 9,500 songs in iCloud after I update my iTunes Match in the settings. I've even tried doing one album and waiting for a day and then updating iTunes Match and it was still there.

I'm hoping I can get some help because I don't want to go back to apple care with 3 hour phone calls!

(I also asked if they could just "nuke" my iTunes Match account so I could start over and they said that's not possible.)

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Mar 23, 2014 12:08 AM

4 replies

Mar 23, 2014 4:08 PM in response to dangull

Turns out, I went back to my iMac and turned on iTunes Match again. Once I turned it back on, it did all the steps and had even more songs available on the cloud. I tried the 999 song delete and then did the update iTunes Match and the songs went down! So I'll continue to try and get it down to zero, but I guess going back to the original computer works!

Reset iTunes Match

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.