Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

what do i do if my iphone is non responsive?? it does not have battery but is not responding when i connect it to my charger

What do i do if my iphone is non responsive?? it ran out of battery last night and i have it connected to a charger right now but it just shows a blank screen. it has not acknowledged the charger and when i click the home button or the top button it doesnt show the 'connect to charger' icon.... what do i do??

iPhone 5

Posted on Mar 23, 2014 5:11 AM

4 replies

Mar 23, 2014 3:50 PM in response to udai1

Did you reset it while it was plugged to the charger? Did you try the phone with another charger to see if your charger is defective? Did you try another outlet? Are you sure the outlet is live?

If this still does not solve your problem, take the phone in to an Apple store or authorized service provider for evaluation.

Mar 24, 2014 6:00 AM in response to udai1

I have the same problem, took it to the Genius Bar and also called Apple support. They were unsure whether the problem is software, or hardware, so the process is to replace the device, but since I'm out of warranty it's a $269 solution.

I'm fairly certain this is related to iOS 7.1 since the phone has only been giving me trouble since the day I upgraded. I'm wondering now if there is a length of time I can wait for the battery to be absolutely depleted, thus clearing any software jam ups and restoring the ability to charge.

what do i do if my iphone is non responsive?? it does not have battery but is not responding when i connect it to my charger

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.