Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Upgrade SSD late 2013 Macbook Pro Retina

Will Apple themselves upgrade the memory in this laptop since it is not possible for the end user anymore? Or, will these Macbooks need to be seriously devalued due to this nearsighted hardware change?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Mar 23, 2014 6:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 23, 2014 6:27 AM

No one will upgrade the flash storage - not Apple nor are there any third-party sources to upgrade.

You're just stuck with what you order. That goes double for the RAM. At least it's reasonable that there may be a third-party solution for the SSD.

Clinton

4 replies

Mar 23, 2014 6:34 AM in response to clintonfrombirmingham

How disappointing. Do you supposes the Apple Geniuses know something that we don't? I just withdrew my bid on a late 2013 Macbook Pro Retina 256/16GB at 1799.00. I wouldn't spend more than $900.00 for a system that I'm to be "stuck" with. I guess there is no one at Apple firing the "bad apples" anymore. Certainly seems like they are losing their vision.

Mar 23, 2014 6:39 AM in response to Ewilkes

I'm simply not going to buy a closed system. I'll keep my current (Late 2011 15") MacBook Pro running as long as I can but I've already taken delivery on a BTO Windows notebook that I expect that I will migrate everything to in the next couple of years. It's just that I've so much invested in Mac utilities and software - although I'm finding much of it available on the Windows side, too.

Doesn't mean that I won't buy another Mac in the future - but I'll likely be staying away from the MacBook Pro series. If you're looking for a user-friendly MSBP, you may want to look at some of the refurbished 2012 non-Retina's. At least you can install your own SSD and RAM...

Clinton

Upgrade SSD late 2013 Macbook Pro Retina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.