Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Manual back up from PC to iCloud

Want to start a manual back up as having added photos to my photo stream on my pc they are not being dragged on to my other devices yet, at least, a few are but most haven't been and this was 1/2 hour ago. How do I manually start a back up on my PC?

iOS 7.1, iCloud

Posted on Mar 23, 2014 8:10 AM

1 reply

Mar 25, 2014 8:42 AM in response to marypants

Hello MaryPants,

It sounds like you are wanting to back up your iOS device to iTunes on your computer. I recommend the following article to help you get that accomplished:

iOS: Back up and restore your iOS device with iCloud or iTunes

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1766

Use iTunes

You can use iTunes to back up and restore your content on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. Note that iTunes and iOS do not support installing backups of newer versions of iOS onto devices using earlier versions of iOS.

Back up

To back up the content on your iOS device, follow these steps:

1. Make sure your computer has the latest version of iTunes.
  2. Connect your iOS device to your computer.
  3. Choose File > Devices > Back up.
    If you're using iTunes 10.7 or earlier, right-click the device from the list and choose Backup Now.

You can also back up by syncing your iOS device with your computer. When you use iTunes to sync, backing up is the first step.

To verify that the backup finished successfully, open iTunes Preferences and select the Devices tab. You'll see the name of the device along with the date and time iTunes created the backup.
User uploaded file

If this is not what you are trying to back up, would you mind ellaborating on what you are trying to back up?

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

All the very best,

Sterling

Manual back up from PC to iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.