Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

keyboard and trackpad blocked with XP

On a Macbook pro, Dec 2006, 2,33 Ghz, Intel Core 2duo, OS 10.8.6, Bootcamp 3.2 :

Windows XP pro, which was used for long wihout any problems, is still now normally loaded but keyboard and trackpad are totally inactive. On Internet I find problems of this kind, but nothing exactly as the one I suffer from. What can I do ?

Posted on Mar 23, 2014 8:11 AM

2 replies

Mar 25, 2014 8:38 AM in response to Claudemichel

Hello Claudemichel,

It sounds like you are booted to your Windows partition and the wireless Apple keyboard and mouse do not work at all. I recommend these steps from the article named:

Resolving issues with Windows when using Apple Magic Mouse or Apple Wireless Keyboard

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3092

Follow these steps if your Magic Mouse or Apple Wireless Keyboard no longer responds when using Boot Camp to run Windows.

1. Shut down Windows.
  2. Restart your computer using Mac OS X.
  3. Re-pair the mouse and re-pair the keyboard.
  4. Restart the computer using Windows; the mouse and keyboard should return to full operation.

If you have recently applied a Windows update, your wireless keyboard may not wake your computer from sleep. Clicking the Magic Mouse should always wake your computer up. The next time you restart, your keyboard should return to normal operation.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

All the best,

Sterling

keyboard and trackpad blocked with XP

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.