Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trouble with 10.9.2 and HP 4700 series printer.

I have an HP 4700 series printer. According to Apple, there should be current software for it, but it is still not able to print through my wireless network. Has anyone else had success with this? My OS is 10.9.2. Thanks.

OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Mar 23, 2014 8:33 AM

5 replies

Mar 29, 2014 10:36 AM in response to Linc Davis

I am having the same issue. I have a HP photosmart C4780. Based on the insturctions on HP support website it states that the install information is embedded in the OS Mavericks. This is true because when I plug the USB in the printer is automatically recognized and sets up. However, after reseting the printer wifi to deafult settings, and going to system preferences-printers and scanners. I click the plus sign to add a printer and nothing shows up on my list of nearby printers. I have also tried performing a wifi protected setup and this does not work either.

Before upgrading to mavericks I had Lion and I never had any isues with wireless printing. So it appears to be isolated to Mavericks. Can someone please help or provide a timeline for when this will be fixed?

Current OS X version 10.9.2.

Thank you!

Trouble with 10.9.2 and HP 4700 series printer.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.