Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

use ipad to remote connect to iMac and use its app's?

In a remote location (coffeshop) can I use my iPad to connect to and work with app's installed on my iMac, like Adobe Photoshop CS6 or FCX? (I think I can work on Office using Microsoft Remote Desktop, but an not sure.)

iPad 2, iOS 7.1

Posted on Mar 23, 2014 10:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 23, 2014 10:16 AM

Yeah, I used a program called "Logmein" that did that. I've done it as well with a program called "Team Viewer". Basically, these are VNC type programs that create the visual connection. Classic mac screen sharing via the iPad I haven't discovered a method for yet.

Example for Team viewer....Get the app for your mac, run it and create a login for yourself on their sever. Now get the iPad app and log in using your server account. When you do, you'll see your mac and can connect.

Complicated programs can be hard to run using the iPad interface. Keep this in mind.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 23, 2014 10:16 AM in response to mannfilmz

Yeah, I used a program called "Logmein" that did that. I've done it as well with a program called "Team Viewer". Basically, these are VNC type programs that create the visual connection. Classic mac screen sharing via the iPad I haven't discovered a method for yet.

Example for Team viewer....Get the app for your mac, run it and create a login for yourself on their sever. Now get the iPad app and log in using your server account. When you do, you'll see your mac and can connect.

Complicated programs can be hard to run using the iPad interface. Keep this in mind.

use ipad to remote connect to iMac and use its app's?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.