Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem: At the iTunes store, the drop down list for the App Store does not function.

Problem: At the iTunes store, the drop down list for the App Store does not function.

I access the iTunes Store through iTunes (Ver 11.1.5.5) from my Windows 7 PC. When I select any one of the topics from the App Store drop down list, such as Books, Business, Catalogues, Education, Entertainment, Finance, etc. (any of the topics listed) I am returned a blank white screen. This also occurs when I select from the "All Categories" drop down list on the right hand side of the App Store home page.

This only happens to me in the App Store.
The drop down lists in all the other stores, such as Music, Movies, TV Shows, Books, etc. work as they should.

I have had this problem for over a year.
During that period, I have deleted and re-installed iTunes to correct another problem, but this particular iTunes Store problem has persisted.

I loved to troll the App Store to research the purchases of new apps, but have been unable to do this conveniently since I lost this particular functionality.
I can still search for an App, if I already know what I am looking for, and the store returns search results, but this isn’t as much fun.

I am really confused as to why this loss has only occurred to the App Store drop down list and none of the others.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Windows 7, Accessing store thru iTunes ver 11

Posted on Mar 23, 2014 1:07 PM

1 reply

Mar 25, 2014 1:59 PM in response to eaglesrest13

Hello eaglesrest13

If you are having issues with connecting to the iTunes Store and certain parts of it, then check out the articles below to resolve it.

Apple software on Windows: May see performance issues and blank iTunes Store

http://support.apple.com/kb/ts4123

Can't connect to the iTunes Store

http://support.apple.com/kb/ts1368

Regards,

-Norm G.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.