Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App Store Gift Card Refund

Hello

I recently bought an item on the App Store using a App Store gift card and was unhappy with the purchase which has problems with it. I have requested a refund and was sent a email from Apple that said the following...

Recently you reported an issue with Call of Duty® 4: Modern Warfare™ using iTunes Report a Problem. This email confirms that you have been issued a refund of $20.99 for this purchase.

However, when I check my balance in the app store it does not show that I have been refunded. Does this just take time or what?

Posted on Mar 23, 2014 1:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 24, 2014 4:14 AM

Apple may have issued a refund but the credit may not be available for several business days.

9 replies

Apr 7, 2014 12:11 PM in response to CaffeineOverdose

I had to ask for a refund for an App that no longer worked. The designer seemed to disappear! Apparently amount is credited to your Apple Account and not back to your original payment account, bank etc. As I felt the App was sold 'not fit for purpose', fraudulently really, I felt I should be entitled to full refund and not a 'credit note'. At £19.99 it was not cheap! They have agreed to refund £15 of it and crediting me with rest. This isn't good enough so am working to get full refund. So, if App was faulty, or 'not fit for use' just contact Apple and ask for proper refund, not credit to account.

Apr 7, 2014 12:18 PM in response to philorth44

I had to ask for a refund for an App that no longer worked.

An app that no longer worked implies that the app worked when you downloaded it. So how is that a fraudulent sale of an app not fit for purpose?

That it no longer works could be any number of issues not related to Apple but the developer. I think that you were lucky to get any refund and you post here that you are fighting for more.

Apr 7, 2014 1:58 PM in response to Dah•veed

The App worked to begin with but within a couple of weeks it was then no longer available, the support was no longer available either, and even the web page was taken down. It came up as Forbidden on the Server. So it wasn't working anywhere, so yes, it appeared to me to be a fraudulent App which got people to pay money for it which was then useless. Am not fighting for more. Where did I say that. It cost £19.99 and I expect to have a refund for that amount, not part of it. Not a Credit to my Account either. If you buy something in a shop (UK) that doesn't work you are entitled to a refund not a credit note. Classed as 'not fit for the purpose intended'!

Perhaps here in the UK we have better and clearer consumer rights than in the US.

Apr 7, 2014 2:04 PM in response to philorth44

And what happened to your Mac in the few weeks between when the app functioned properly and the app stopped functioning? Unless that app had a time-bomb in it, somethig about your Mac changed or the app won't cease to function.

Did you upgrade your Mac from one version of OS X, say Mt Lion, to the newest version, Mavericks? Because that would explain why the app ceased functioning and why it would disappear from the Mac App Store, the developer was unable to continue developing the app for a changing operating system. Which isn't anything to do with Apple and again, you are lucky to get any kind of a refund.

App Store Gift Card Refund

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.