Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari cant connect to a server.

I have Safari Version 7.0.2 (9537.74.9) Running on a powerbook with 10.9.2
message. when I open google, facebook or twitter... "Safari cant connect to server."

and firefox .. but I can open almost any other website.

This is the message I get in Firefox.

Unable to connect

Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at www.google.com.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.

If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection.

If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

Sometimes when I restart the computer it works for a few minutes then it gets blocked again...

I have tried restarding the browsers, deleting the cookies and a few other stuff but nothing seems to be working..
This is a new Mac ANd I havent installed many programms in it.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2), Safari can´t connect to server

Posted on Mar 23, 2014 3:13 PM

6 replies

Mar 25, 2014 9:59 AM in response to Bjarkic

I Do not have internet problem I can access all webpages exept facebook, google twitter....

does not matter if I am at home or at work same pages blocked ....

I have now Firefox, safari, and chrome and the same webpages are blocked in all of them ???

DNS today I have 2 numbers there..

many seem to be having this same issue...

Mar 25, 2014 11:06 AM in response to Bjarkic

You, or someone using your computer, changed the network settings in an attempt to bypass copyright restrictions on Netflix. The illegal DNS server you're using should never have been trusted and now doesn't work.

Delete all the DNS servers by selecting them and clicking the minus-sign button at the bottom of the list. You may have to unlock the settings first by clicking the padlock icon in the lower left corner of the preference pane and entering your administrator login password when prompted.

If the server addresses are grayed out and can't be deleted, even with the preference pane unlocked, then the change was made on your router. Refer to its documentation to find out how to reverse the change. The router should get its DNS settings automatically from the ISP.

Click OK, then Apply. The DNS server list should be repopulated automatically with the address of your router, or the addresses of the DNS servers provided by your ISP. If that doesn't happen, open the TCP/IP tab of the preferences and click Renew DHCP Lease. If you're not using DHCP, manually enter the DNS server addresses you got from your ISP, or else use these temporarily:

Safari cant connect to a server.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.