Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mavericks - Updating LaCie d2 Quadra firmware

I have 2 external LaCie hard drives, connected via FireWire 800.

First: 2TB LaCie d2 Quadra v2B

Second: 1TB LaCie Rugged USB3-FW

I've been having an issue with the Quadra where it isn't recognized by my MacBook Pro after it spins down and then up again. It's stil mounted in the Finder, but trying to access it hangs the system until I power it off and on again, at which point it unmounts and remounts. Other posters elsewhere have suggested updating the firmware. I downloaded the latest firmware udpate I could find from LaCie's site (LFU 1.1.6, from November 2012). It reports that the Quadra's firmware version is currently "10:29:17 Jun 21 2011" and can be updated to "09:25:36 Jan 25 2012". When I click the Update Firmware button in the LaCie Firmware Updater, it comes back with "Error while updating your LaCie d2 Quadra v2B device. Please retry." A similar error shows up when I try to update the configuration (not the firmware) on the Rugged drive.

I've tried this with the one partition on the drive mounted and unmounted. I've tried it chained through my Thunderbolt Display and plugged directly in to my MacBook Pro. I've tried with one drive plugged in, and with both drives plugged in.

I saw the note about uninstalling LaCie Desktop Manager and did that before trying the firmware update.

Has anyone seen this and been able to fix it?

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Mar 23, 2014 2:51 PM

8 replies

Apr 8, 2017 9:16 AM in response to bfer

Thanks a lot "bfer". Your post save me after many hours searching a solution. Using "LaCieFirmwareUpdater-1.1.6" available at http://www.lacie.com/files/lacie-content/download/drivers/LaCieFirmwareUpdater-1 .1.6.dmg , now I can mount my Seagate ST3000DM001 3Tb to replace the original Hitachi 1Tb in my LaCie d2 Quadra v2.1. It works fine with OSX 10.11.6.

NB: Sorry for my poor english from south of France 😉

Jul 14, 2017 3:50 PM in response to TheRock66

Hello TheRock, I have the same issue, trying the ST3000NM0033 works on LaCie d2 Quadra USB2.0 Firewire 800 V2.1 and OSX 10.11.6. The Lacieupdater1.1.6 did work on my system. But I have done in an old MacBook and the update of the firmware was ok! 🙂

But after that I have changed the old 1TB with the new Seargate 3TB and it's not recognized. 😟

Any clue?

Tks!

Aug 3, 2014 3:03 PM in response to Chris Garaffa

Hello,

not sure if you found the solution for your problem.... had the same issue today but managed to sort it!

Here's how:

instal the LaCieFirmwareUpdater

go to your Application folder and look for the LacieFirmwareUptater right click and select Show Package Contents,

then select Contents > MacOS then select e double click on the LaCieFirmwareUpdater. A terminal window will open the the firmware updater should start and do it thing!

Good Luck!

Mavericks - Updating LaCie d2 Quadra firmware

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.