Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stuck in Bluetooth Up Assistant after installing update and can't find wireless keyboard

I opted to download the most recent update present by Apple and it required my computer to shut down to install it. After the computer restarted, I used my wireless track pad to select my user icon and I was presented with a Bluetooth Set Up Assistant window indicating it could not locate a keyboard (I have an Apple wireless keyboard that was paired and working prior to the update). I am unable to use the track pad to get out of this window and not having a keyboard, I'm unable to use any keys to maneuver away to get into Preferences or Bluetooth menus. I could really use some direction in how to address this situation. Thank you, sincerely, in advance for your time in helping me.

iMac

Posted on Mar 23, 2014 3:07 PM

9 replies

Mar 23, 2014 8:48 PM in response to pdxanita

Forget the Apple icon stuff.

This will reset the SMC (from the article):

Note: Portable computers that have a battery you should not remove on your own include MacBook Pro (Early 2009) and later, all models of MacBook Air, and MacBook (Late 2009).

1. Shut down the computer.
  2. Plug in the MagSafe power adapter to a power source, connecting it to the Mac if its not already connected.
  3. On the built-in keyboard, press the (left side) Shift-Control-Option keys and the power button at the same time.
  4. Release all the keys and the power button at the same time.
  5. Press the power button to turn on the computer.
    Note
    : The LED on the MagSafe power adapter may change states or temporarily turn off when you reset the SMC.

Barry

Stuck in Bluetooth Up Assistant after installing update and can't find wireless keyboard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.