Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

updated to Maverick on IMac & lots of notes on iPhone lost...?

between IMac/IPhone & Ipad its been a bloody pain keeping things working properly...

Just updated IMac to Mav & checked my iphone notes (which I rely on) and saw half were gone...! Checked the notes (that was an endeavor finding them) on the Imac and they are all there...

I synced the phone w/ comp hoping that would help - NO.... I am not really computer saavy & can't believe how complicated this is becoming...can someone give me a simple route to keeping my notes from disappearing...??? Actually happened before & can't recall how I retrieved them....

thanks,

S

iPhone 5s

Posted on Mar 23, 2014 3:06 PM

4 replies

Mar 23, 2014 8:35 PM in response to AppStore_Tester

the whole ICloud thing confuses me....sorry to sound so foolish - but I don't know...I basically do whatever I am advised to do at that point in time (it continually changes)...I do know I don't pay for the extra Icloud space, so not sure what I actually have access to or what I actually use ...

An explanation would be useful or at the very least instruction as to what would be most useful to my situation...

thanks,

S

Mar 24, 2014 5:49 AM in response to shilarie

thank you for being specific..! ICloud>notes is turned on IMac

On my own, while crazy frustrated, I did turn (it wasn't) Icloud>notes on in IPhone - and it seemed to find a few more notes somewhere 'out there' in cyberspace....!

So weird - but not all are on IPhone and too many (some I recognized as having deleted) on the IMac notes...???

How odd is this....? Should I copy (manually) what I want back to IPhone/delete what I want on IMac & cross my fingers this doesn't happen again....? Or is there a bigger issue to fix so this DOESN'T happen again......

Waaaah - I just wish I understood the basics more, but I don't have the time & patience to figure it all out.! So thank you for attempting to help me....!

updated to Maverick on IMac & lots of notes on iPhone lost...?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.