Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cannot connect macbook pro to wireless printer

Hi

Is there anyone that can help me please???

I can only connect my HP Photosmart B110a via USB. I have tried uninstalling and installing again, software updates and nothing! It will only work via USB now which is annoying. The printer itself is connected to my wireless network and I do not have a clue why it won't work. When I do try to install the printer software again, when I get to the option of setting it up wirelessly

MacBook Pro (15-inch Mid 2012), OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Mar 23, 2014 3:54 PM

3 replies

Mar 25, 2014 12:38 PM in response to brenden dv

Hi Brendan

I am aware of how to install the printer and connect to the WIFI network, however for some reason my printer now won't work wirelessly with my MacBook.

The printer is connected to the network, as it will print wirelessly from my phone. If I try to set up via the installation disc it crashes when it gets to wireless setup??😠

Any ideas appreciated.

Thanks

Mar 28, 2015 2:52 PM in response to loukelly

If you are still having problems with the latest Yosemite, here's what I did to solve my problem with connecting wirelessly to a Canon MP560 wireless IJ printer: I went to Canon and made sure I had all of the latest software and then, after I installed the software, all I did was open the printer, highlighted the default printer in the add subtract window, and then clicked the + sign and re-added the printer.

A window popped up with my available printers. I now had three choices instead of one.

Obviously new software was added when I updated. Hope this helps.

NGP

cannot connect macbook pro to wireless printer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.