5 Replies Latest reply: Apr 10, 2014 8:07 PM by Michael Allbritton
timsummers57 Level 1 (0 points)

my iTunes match match subscription has expired and I don't want to renew it but it won't turn off the iTunes match to let me download my music to my iPhone what do i do?

iPhone 5, iOS 7.1
  • Michael Allbritton Level 6 (16,785 points)

On an iOS device go to Settings > iTunes and App Stores and set "iTunes Match" to OFF (not green). Then open the Music app and let the content clear out.

Since your subscription has expired you will no longer have access to the music that was mirrored in the cloud.

• tinyfly Level 1 (0 points)

That's the thing. There is no "iTunes Match" on or off switch. There is a link that reads "Renew iTunes Match" and that is it. If I tap that it brings up a dialog about subscribing again but nothing about turning it off. I've connected the ipad to itunes to see if I can wipe the music but under the music tab it only states that iTunes Match is on.

Apparently, since it expired before I turned it off the ability to actually turn in off is hidden in favor of the "Renew iTunes Match" link. So frustrating, I just want to turn it off and remove all the music from my iPad.

Log out of the Store on the device, then log back in. In Settings > iTunes and App Stores tap Apple ID > Sign Out.

• tinyfly Level 1 (0 points)

Logging out of the iTunes store on the iPad and then logging back in fixed it. Though I also had to restart iTunes before it detected that iTunes Match was off.

You're welcome.