Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I move Logic and all of mine and it's 'content' to my new computer?

Please Help

I'm going to be exchanging my old Mac Mini for a brand new one and I need some help first. I am a music producer so how would I go about moving Logic Pro 9 (along with all of my samples and plug-ins and such) to the new computer? Also how do I move basic stuff such as my iTunes library? I plan to upgrade to Logic X once I get settled on the new computer. Besides my current computer is probably too slow and full to download Logic X.

If you need more information just ask me.

Logic Pro

Posted on Mar 23, 2014 6:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 23, 2014 11:27 PM

Hi, for the most efficient and safe procedure you'll have to connect an external drive to your MB:

http://www.newertech.com/tech_support/manuals/mac/clon_data.php

After that you'll have to start up your system from this "BackUp" drive and open some of your projects, just to make sure everything has been transferred correctly. Thats when a Bootable BackUp comes in handy, BTW!

After you've done that, there are a few possible scenarios you could proceed. If your present OS is up to date you could clone it onto your new machine.

If not, I would advice you to make a clean install of the OS and L9. And by the way make sure all your plugins are up to date meeting the requirements of the new OS and because it's a new computer you'll also have to reauthorize most of the software except if you're iLok dependent.

Something like that to start with……

Cheers and good luck!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 23, 2014 11:27 PM in response to MusicClay

Hi, for the most efficient and safe procedure you'll have to connect an external drive to your MB:

http://www.newertech.com/tech_support/manuals/mac/clon_data.php

After that you'll have to start up your system from this "BackUp" drive and open some of your projects, just to make sure everything has been transferred correctly. Thats when a Bootable BackUp comes in handy, BTW!

After you've done that, there are a few possible scenarios you could proceed. If your present OS is up to date you could clone it onto your new machine.

If not, I would advice you to make a clean install of the OS and L9. And by the way make sure all your plugins are up to date meeting the requirements of the new OS and because it's a new computer you'll also have to reauthorize most of the software except if you're iLok dependent.

Something like that to start with……

Cheers and good luck!

How do I move Logic and all of mine and it's 'content' to my new computer?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.