Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why do Keynote PPT exports have low quality PDF images?

When I take a Keynote presentation with images (all pasted PDF images), then export the presentation to a PowerPoint presentation, all of the images become severely degraded. For reference, the original PDf files are on the order of 100KB, so I don't believe they are particularly large…

Is there a way to change this behavior? Haivng to copy each image over by hand greatly reduces the utility of the export feature. Is there possibly some Terminal command that I can set to make the exports fully quality?

MacBook Pro (13-inch Early 2011), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), iTunes 11

Posted on Mar 23, 2014 7:10 PM

1 reply

Apr 7, 2014 6:32 PM in response to Dustin Wheeler

I had the same problem with screen shots from PDF files taken with Preview's rectangular selection tool and pasted into Keynote 6.2 that looked dramatically degraded when exporting the slides to PowerPoint.

It seems that the problem is related to Preview, because when I grab the same PDF selections with Acrobat Pro 9.5.5.'s snapshot tool and paste them into Keynote they are not degraded in quality when exporting to PowerPoint.

I went back to Preview's preferences and tried to change the definition for scale, but that didn't fix the problem.

Why do Keynote PPT exports have low quality PDF images?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.