Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Getting FCPX to export to multiple machines in Compressor

We have 3 - 2013 Mac Pro Towers (grey) 1 new late 2013 Mac Pro (black), 2 - 2013 - 27” iMacs and 2 - 2013 Mac Mini’s. All are running the latest version of FCPX (10.1.1) and Compressor (4.1.1) on OS X 10.9.2.

The Mac Pro (trash can) and the iMacs are connected through Thunderbolt and all of the other machines are connected through a gigabit network. We are exporting to a 12TB Thunderbolt RAID.

We have 100 - 90 minute edits we need to export to an MKV file format each week. We are trying to use multiple machines to export these on. We have set up Compressor on each machine and added them as “Shared Computers”. When we finish the edit and “Send to Compressor” the multiple machines do not pick up the export and share the work.

All computers are set as "Shared" with no passwords required. We have selected "All Interfaces" for the network sharing Preferences.

All machines are editing on FCPX and exporting through Compressor fine on their own. The part we are trying to sort out is the machines sharing the work in Compressor.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Mac Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Mar 23, 2014 9:11 PM

3 replies

May 22, 2014 6:01 PM in response to Russ H

I have the same problem using Thunderbolt Bridge, which according to my Network settings is Green lit on my Mac Pro late 2013 and my MacBook Pro Late 2013 with nVidia GPU 750m.

However it seems from what you are saying that I cannot send a project from FCP Pro to Compressor and have it rendered across two computers.

Also despite green lit connections and both copies of compressor allowing file sharing and access..despite that one computer or the other will drop the connection.

anyone know a Dummies way to do this?

Getting FCPX to export to multiple machines in Compressor

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.