Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 4S and the "never ending sync"

Okay, I've updated to iOS 7.1 and iTunes 11.1.5.5

Having read some support articles back to as far as 2008 (a 6 year problem?!?) I'm guessing this is well known as an issue?

Having simply plugged in and let the phone 'do it's sttuff' It's sat on step 6 of 6, waiting for changes to be applied (what changes I don't know). It's a PC by the way, Windows 7 (can't stand windows 8).

Clicking cancel sync does nothing, just carries on.

This didn't happen immediately after the update to both phone and PC, it's come in over the past few days, which is rather confusing. I have turned both phone and PC off and back on, still nothing.

In fact, sometimes the sync appears to be complete in itunes, but still running on the phone. Even unplugging the cable does nothing and the sync icon continues to turn until some indeterminate time in the future, or a reboot.

Any ideas out there? Slightly irritating as I'm an amateur DJ and all I'm trying to do is get some new tracks on the phone.

Thanks.

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.1

Posted on Mar 23, 2014 10:45 PM

1 reply

Mar 24, 2014 12:42 AM in response to V8Maverick

To add more info to this, I think it's the phone that has the issue.

I've now made it to work and connected up there and the same issue, waiting for changes to be applied. Itunes thinks the sync is complete, but the phone does. I've now unplugged the phone (about half an hour ago) but the sync icon is still there and the phone still says "Waiting for changes to be applied".

For information, once I updated to 7.1, I had to re-authorize and re "Trust" each computer from the iTunes / Phone prompts respectively...

Any ideas at all? Or am I screwed here?

iPhone 4S and the "never ending sync"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.