Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV not streaming any of my purchased programs.

Hello,

I cannot get my Apple TV to play any of my purchased programs. It also seems to be not allowing me to 'preview' movies. I have tested the internet connection under settings. I have reset Apple TV, and re started. Uploaded the latest software. I have tried watching in various fast an slow speeds of down load and nothing changes, it reads, 'An error occoured loading this content'. Internet connection with my TV is fine. Any clues on what might be the problem?

Thanks.

Apple TV, iOS 6.1

Posted on Mar 24, 2014 3:18 AM

3 replies

Mar 26, 2014 8:50 AM in response to brendancato

brendancato,

I have seen cases where the AppleTV is incorrectly guessing the resoltion of the TV. Where it thinks the TV can do 1080i but it can't . Quick thing to try is change the default resoltion from "auto" to 720p. The fact that previews don't work but everything else is ok tells me this is a likely cause.

If that does not work it could be a router issue that some ports are turned off. If you have a standard out of the box router that you haven't played with this is unlikely the cause.

Let us know.

Apple TV not streaming any of my purchased programs.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.