Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to check for available downloads. The network connecting was lost.

I have purchased a film on my Apple TV and now want to download it to my iTunes on my MacBook. I can see that I have 1 available download, but when i try to down load it, it just keeps saying:

"Unable to check for available downloads. The networl connection was lost"

I know there is not a problem if my network!

is anyone else having the same problem? Is this a problem with iTunes or my MacBook?

cheers

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Mar 24, 2014 1:44 AM

5 replies

Apr 21, 2014 9:11 AM in response to NickCotter

I read that the problem might be that your iTunes account "thinks" it has 1 item to download and keeps trying to access it until it kind of times out and brings up the "connection lost" message. My iTunes does actually say I have 1 available download and I have no idea how to remove this bogus item. It's causing me issues when I try to download something else on my MacBook. (It's only doing this on my MacBook).

Even when my iTunes is open it keeps bring up this message! Really annoying now.

Aug 3, 2014 7:46 AM in response to loz114

There is a very easy fix for this. Go into your settings and make sure your iTunes is showing your purchase "in the cloud". then return to your music or movie page (whatever you are trying to download). Then simply click on the download icon for that purchase.

The problem seems to be that too many purchases get backed up on the download queue. I have that problem because until recently my internet connection was crap and I was skipping downloading all those stupid "extras" that come with movie purchases. I have a better connection now and I am slowly clearing those out (although I don actually want the extras and they just waste my downloads - but Apple being fairly stupid with this stuff I cant get rid of them).

Unable to check for available downloads. The network connecting was lost.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.