Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't upload videos to Facebook!

I have a Sony HD video camera and I can upload .mov videos to my iMac from my video camera using iMovie. But I cannot upload these .mov videos to Facebook. Why???

I am using Max OS X 10.7.5 and use Safari to try to upload the videos to facebook, through a high speed internet cable, but I get an error message saying that the files could not be uploaded to Facebook. The uploading starts OK but is extremely slow, for this video that is less than 2 minutyes long. After several hours I get the error message.

The size of the files are around 300 MB which is lower than the 1000 MB limit I think FB has.

I have no problem uploading pictures to Facebook.

Do the videos have to be in another format?

Do I need to use another browser?

Are the file size too big?

This is an example of the video file name:

User uploaded file

Type: QuickTime-film

Size: 278 MB

960 x 540

Lenght: 01:44

Thankful for a quick answer!

//Karin

Posted on Mar 24, 2014 3:54 AM

4 replies

Mar 24, 2014 2:13 PM in response to C F McBlob

I am using my Sony Video Handycam HDR SR5 Full HD camera, and it's not even set to the highest quality! A 2-min film clip is usually 3-400 MB large. This is not a film from an iPhone.....

Why can't this file be uploaded directly to Facebook, if the size limit is 1000 MB on FB? If I export the file from my computer to iPhoto and share it to my wall on Facebook, it works....but I want to be able to upload it directly to a closed Facebook page, without uploading it to my own wall first.... The file is the same fomat (.mov) and the same size (278 MB) after uploading it to iPhoto!

I can't upload videos to Facebook!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.