Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Useless black banner obstructs my photos

The Mavericks Monster strikes again.

I've just discovered it's impossible to scroll through my photo library and actually SEE the PHOTOS I'm looking for because, now, since "upgrading" to Mavericks, a big black useless time-consuming annoying black banner obstructs my view of my photos.

Is anybody else experiencing this headache?

Is there any way to overcome it? I want to see my photos, not a list of dates passing before my eyes. What a stupid idea this banner is.

Thank you.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Mar 24, 2014 10:01 AM

12 replies

Mar 24, 2014 10:19 AM in response to HappyTexas

No idea at all what you are talking about - I can see my photos just fine using iPhtoo '11 version 9.5.1 under Mavericks OS X 10.9.2

If you have a question that the volenteer users here can assist with please post it with details about what youy have and what you are doing and wha question is

If you simply want to RANT this is not a place to do that -it is a place to help people who wnat help

LN

Mar 24, 2014 10:30 AM in response to LarryHN

Details about what I have? iMac using OSX 10.9.2 and iPhoto 8.1.2 with all the Mavericks upgrades installed.

What am I doing? Read my original post with an open mind.

What am I asking? Read my original post with an open mind.

If you are just looking for the opportunity to slap me on the wrist, please don't respond. I am looking for solutions, not reprimands.

I didn't create the Mavericks Monster. The ranting is yours.

Mar 24, 2014 11:27 AM in response to HappyTexas

Deep breath. The problem is that you're not describing the problem in a way I can understand - not LarryHN I guess. You're also the only person I've seen on here mentioning the issuue - and there are lots of people using v8.1.2 with Mavericks. Upgrading to Mavericks does not change the view options in iPhoto. Perhaps you could post a screen shot?

Useless black banner obstructs my photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.