Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Contact Syncing Between iPhone and Mac Has Stopped

I have an iPhone 5 running iOS 7 and a MacBook Pro running Mavericks (10.9.2). Both are syncing to the same iCloud account and I have Contact syncing turned on with both devices. The contacts on my iPhone have stopped syncing to the Contacts app on my Mac and I haven't been able to get syncing to re-start. I have tried toggling iCloud syncing of contacts off and on with both devices but it has not helped. What should I try in order to get these two programs to talk again through iCloud and sync their contents?

MacBook Pro (15-inch Early 2008), OS X Mavericks (10.9), 4 Gb of RAM

Posted on Mar 24, 2014 10:43 AM

2 replies

Mar 26, 2014 7:27 AM in response to David Biddix

Hello David,

Thank you for the details of the issue you are experiencing with your iCloud Contacts. I recommend reviewing the sections titled "General troubleshooting," "Troubleshooting with iOS devices," and "Troubleshooting iCloud Contacts in Contacts on OS X Mountain Lion or later (or Address Book on OS X Lion)" in the following article for the issue you described:

iCloud: Troubleshooting iCloud Contacts

http://support.apple.com/kb/ts3998

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Best,

Sheila M.

Apr 9, 2014 9:09 AM in response to sheila_m.

Sheila,

Thank you for your link concerning syncing between my iPhone, iCloud, and my Mac. However, I have tried the troubleshooting tips to no avail. My iPhone did have the default account for Contact set incorrectly. I changed that to iCloud and turned off the phone and then back on, but the contents between the phone and iCloud were not merged. I also tried resetting documents in iCloud and turning all my connected devices (phone, iPad and Mac) off and then back on to force a re-syncing of data but that didn't work either. Do you have any other suggestions that I could try to get things to sync together and catch up my contacts between the 3 devices?

Contact Syncing Between iPhone and Mac Has Stopped

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.