Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can't I search the new iOS 7 Voice Memos?

I must say I'm very disappointed in the downgrade of the Voice Memos. It's about 500% slower than the original iOS 6 on an iPhone 4. Even renaming a title takes about 10 seconds to load.

As for useability, where did search go directly from within Voice Memos? It appears they have removed it and I can only search in the main iPhone screen. This is insufficient for me as then I have to first sift through text messages and iTunes songs that contain the search query I'm looking for.

Am I missing something?

iPhone 4, iOS 7.1

Posted on Mar 24, 2014 12:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 24, 2014 12:42 PM

That is correct. You cannot search directly from the Voice Memos app.

You can however limit the items Spotlight searches through:
Settings > General > Spotlight Search > Uncheck the all the items yopu want Spotlight to ignore.

3 replies

Mar 24, 2014 12:51 PM in response to Axeman1020

Thank you but this does not help really. In essence I have to disable part of my search abilities to make up for the fact that apple decided searching through hundreds of my voice memos isn't important any more.

Also, because the search is outside of Voice Memos, I have to bounce from the main screen to voice memos for each found voice memo. This is one of the many huge failures in the new OS that lacks foresight and crippled users for no reason, and also De-values the iPhone's ability to record great sound, in my opinion.

Thank you,

Eric

Why can't I search the new iOS 7 Voice Memos?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.