Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Final Cut Pro X (10.1.1) can't be opened because "the image is not recognized".

I have tried to download the trail version of Final Cut Pro X (10.1.1) twice but every time it has been downloaded my computer tells me it can't be opened because "the image is not recognized".

Do any of you have a similar problem or know a solution?

Final Cut Pro X, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Mar 24, 2014 12:28 PM

16 replies

Jan 4, 2015 7:36 AM in response to J_nB_ck_r

Also having this issue, Im on OSX Yosimite 10.10.1 trying to download the 30 day trial version of Final Cut Pro 10.1.4

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Early 2011)

Processor: 2.3 GHz Intel Core i5

Mem: 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

I have downloaded the 30 day trial of Final Cut Pro from https://www.apple.com/ie/final-cut-pro/trial/

The file which gets downloaded is "FinalCutProTrial10.1.4.dmg"

The size of this file is 2,147,487,419 bytes (as viewed in the inspector)

I would be interested to hear from anyone who installed this successfully whether the DMG file was the exact same size (although I have a feeling I wont hear anything as most people would delete the DMG file after installing).

Jan 5, 2015 2:14 AM in response to Russ H

Thanks Russ and Tom, looks like I only got part of the .dmg file so. Don't know how that's even possible because with chrome, when you download a file, it shouldn't appear in the destination folder until its completely downloaded. I didn't actually get to see the download progress or what happened when it finished downloading, I just saw that the file was there. In any case, I successfully downloaded the file using safari instead and its now a valid DMG file. Had to click the "resume download" button 3 times in the hour it took to download as it would time out every so often.

Final Cut Pro X (10.1.1) can't be opened because "the image is not recognized".

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.