Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Accidently deleted song from PC itunes & iCloud

Please help me! Back in October I purchased an lp from iTunes & put it on all my devices. Recently, while creating a new playlist I accidently deleted a song from the album. It is still on my iPod Nano & my iphones 5c& 4s & iPad 2. However, it is NOT on the cloud or my PC. 😢😢😢

When I go to the store it shows the album as purchased, and gives me the option to play all songs. I would like to place the song back on my computer and the cloud, as i know from past experience if I sync any of my devices, it will delete the song in question from that device. I do not get an option to repurchase the song or put it back on the cloud. 😕

Does anyone know how I can put this song back onto my computer (PC running W7) and back onto the cloud? I've been searching the archives for weeks, as well as submitted my question via iPhone, with no replies or help 😮 😠 😟.

Again, my question is HOW DO I GET THIS SONG BACK ONTO MY COMPUTER iTUNES LIBRARY AND ICLOUD? iTunes will not give me this option. It only shows the song was purchased, & iCloud doesn't show this song in my library. I cannot sync my devices because (from past experience) the song will be deleted from my devices. Please help me? 😐

iPod nano (4th generation)

Posted on Mar 24, 2014 12:13 PM

2 replies

Mar 25, 2014 12:43 AM in response to cyn37211

If the album is still in your country's store, and you are in a country where music can be redownloaded, then you should be able to redownload it via the Purchased link under Quicklinks on the right-hand side of the iTunes store homepage

User uploaded file

Does music show there with, and does that album show ? If music does, but not that album/trac then is it hidden : http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4919 ?

If it does show there, but that track doesn't have the cloud symbol against it for redownloading, then do you still an entry for it in the Music part of your library i.e. is it still listed there but the actual music file is no longer on your computer ? If it is then delete it from Music and it should then get the cloud symbol against it in Purchased for redownloading.

You should also be able to copy it back from one of your devices. Go into Edit > Preferences in iTunes and on the Devices tab tick, if it's unticked, the 'Prevent iPods, iPhones, and iPads from syncing automatically' tick box

User uploaded file

You should then be able to connect a device and do File > Devices > Transfer Purchases to copy it back (again, if you still have an entry for it in the Music part of your library, but not the actual music file, then you will need to delete that for the Transfer Purchases to copy it back)

May 5, 2014 7:33 PM in response to King_Penguin

Thank you thank you Thank you! I have been going round and round with customer support trying to figure out a problem and you fixed it! My symptom was I set up iTunes on a PC (My main account is on a Macbook Pro) and when I went to download a TV series I had purchased it wanted to charge me again for episodes 1-5 and a couple of others, even thought it clearly said purchased. I tried going to the purchased area and the show wasn't listed. I told customer support that and his response was 'well if you have them on another laptop just copy them yourself.'

What I didn't realize was that when you hide something, this type of thing would happen. I did hide it and then forgot I did.

So Thank You. I 'un' hid them and they are back and downloadable. It took three searches but I finally used the right words and found this post. 😀 😀 😀

Accidently deleted song from PC itunes & iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.