Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Netflix Dolby Digital 5.1 gone after udpate

Hi,

Is anybody (or everybody) else having that problem ?

Last week I was playing Netflix movies in Dolby Digital 5.1 but now the same movies on the same hardware (Apple TV/ AV reciver) are not Dolby Digital anymore but only prologic.

Other Apple TV items (ie. movies, shows, itunes festival) have no problems streaming in 5.1.

It look like this happen at the time of the latest Apple TV OS update.

Is this a Netflix issue or a Apple issue ?

Tried to contact Netflix....they don't have a clue.

PS, I have the latest generation of Apple TV and I update my Apple TV OS last week (so i'm up to date).

Apple TV (3rd generation)

Posted on Mar 24, 2014 12:04 PM

4 replies

Mar 27, 2014 3:20 AM in response to mvinette

I've encountered the exact same issue. Ever since the latest Apple firmware update I can't get the Netflix app to send a Dolby Digital signal to my receiver. I've tried everything but it just does Pro Logic II. This is for content on Netflix that I know is Dolby Digital 5.1 supported.

As you've said, Dolby Digital still works fine for other content (iTunes festival, movies, etc) but Netflix doesn't seem to trigger it. Something is not quite right with this firmware and Dolby Digital. I can't remember for sure now but I think that, before this firmware, my receiver always had the Dolby Digital light on when the Apple TV was on (even when on the home screen). It now seems to be Pro Logic II all the time except for specific content.

Netflix Dolby Digital 5.1 gone after udpate

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.