Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is my Calendar in ICloud advancing appointment times by an hour when I Sync with my Ipad?

Why is my Calendar in ICloud advancing appointment times by an hour when I Sync with my Ipad? It is showing on my Power Mac with times advanced and then advances some of the times in my Ipad. It has been very confussing and frustrating to not have the correct times. I keep getting messed up with everything I have scheduled and cannot rely on the sync. There has to be a better reason than a Time Zone issue. Both are set to Mountain Time and my city.

Power Mac G4 (Mirrored Drive Doors), Mac OS X (10.6.8), Synced with my Ipad Mini with USB

Posted on Mar 24, 2014 12:44 PM

27 replies

Mar 26, 2014 12:31 PM in response to Grant Bennet-Alder

I have checked everything and both places are set to my city. When I turn time zone to Automatically, it goes to Denver. I have Auto off and selected to my city.

It still switches times when I am using icloud to connet with my Mac. It is driving me crazy. If I don't use sync then I have to enter everything in separate calendars or keep checking time in icloud every time I plug it in.

Any other suggestions? I do have the my Mac set to the same time zone too. Is this a bug or what? is it with my G5Mac.

Mar 28, 2014 10:05 AM in response to mugsdb

Just checking back to see if anyone has come up with anything. I have noticed that on my IPad Calendar, that on some of the scheduled appointments it is showing Phoenix as a time zone. On some it is showing Salt Lake City, and then on others it will show Denver. I can't quite see why or understand why that this is an issue since everything is set to Salt Lake City. On the ones that show up with Phoenix as the time zone the times change. Also I have had some of the times showing on the calendar at an hour different that when I open the Appointment. It will show the correct time, but on the Calendar it is sometimes different. This seems to be sparatic and not everything is changed. I have updated my IPad and I was hoping that would correct it. Does anyone seem to know what is going on and why? Thanks..... ?

Mar 28, 2014 3:16 PM in response to lizdance40

That is the crazy thing, I do have automatic off yet it still changes randomly some of the appointments. I just reset a few 1/2 an hour ago that I found with advanced times. Like I said if I close iCloud, turning it off on my Power Mac, my appointments do not change. With it on as I check on things throughout the day the times keep changing on my ipad and my Power Mac as I use them. I don't think I had a problem until Daylight Savings Time Changed recently. We used to be at the same time as Phoenix until the change. Someone else has got to be experiencing this too. Anyone else?

Mar 28, 2014 3:38 PM in response to mugsdb

You wrote:

"I have noticed that on my IPad Calendar, that on some of the scheduled appointments it is showing Phoenix as a time zone. On some it is showing Salt Lake City, and then on others it will show Denver. I can't quite see why or understand why that this is an issue since everything is set to Salt Lake City. On the ones that show up with Phoenix as the time zone the times change. Also I have had some of the times showing on the calendar at an hour different that when I open the Appointment. It will show the correct time, but on the Calendar it is sometimes different. "

From that information, it makes sense that your calendar is off.

Phoenix is in another time zone part of the year. When daylight saving changed, Salt Lake City and Denver changed, but Phoenix did not. You may have set time and date to auto, but the Mac knows the time difference and is compensating for it.

Mar 28, 2014 4:16 PM in response to mugsdb

I think that is the problem, but is there a way to correct it? I have set all my Time Zones to Salt Lake. I have the one in the IPad System General Time Zone Settings. It is selected to Auto Off and Listed as Salt Lake City, Utah. I have the Calendar Time Zone set in the IPad Systems to Salt Lake City, Utah. My Power Mac is set to Salt Lake in the System Preferences in Time and Date. Is there something that I am missing? I just can't seem to get it to be correct and not change. I would imagine that it is something simple. Any help?

Why is my Calendar in ICloud advancing appointment times by an hour when I Sync with my Ipad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.