Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Sony icf-cs15ip docking station won't play music ,

My Sony ICF-CS15iP docking station won't play music from my iPhone 4s which is on iOS 7 but it will play my music from my old iPod touch, can anyone help me with a fix or let me know if I'll just have to get a new docking station, thanks in advance!

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.1

Posted on Mar 24, 2014 1:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 27, 2014 10:05 PM

I found away to make the sound work. I too have had the same problem with my iphone 4s and my Sony docking station. It will charge but no music since I updated to ios 7.1.1. Dont mess with a factory reset. Just go to your music and select the song you want to start listening to. Hit play and start the song before docking and leave it on while docking it. Once it is docked stop the song from the phone screen, back it up to the begining of the song, and then hit play on the docking station. Your music should start playing on the dock at good volume and you should be able to use the dock buttons at that point. Good luck.....

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 27, 2014 10:05 PM in response to Gscott1979

I found away to make the sound work. I too have had the same problem with my iphone 4s and my Sony docking station. It will charge but no music since I updated to ios 7.1.1. Dont mess with a factory reset. Just go to your music and select the song you want to start listening to. Hit play and start the song before docking and leave it on while docking it. Once it is docked stop the song from the phone screen, back it up to the begining of the song, and then hit play on the docking station. Your music should start playing on the dock at good volume and you should be able to use the dock buttons at that point. Good luck.....

Nov 4, 2014 6:40 AM in response to Gscott1979

@Gscott1979, I had the same problem with both my ICF-CS15iP docking stations I have and was ready to throw them out the window.

Finally after almost 2 years using them just as a charging station I found the solution that worked for me.

And the solution could not be any simpler........ use the reset button on the bottom of the docking station. It is a small hole between the battery latch and the screw next to it. Just a paperclip will do.

If it does not work, you may also want to check this site

http://community.sony.com/t5/Other-Products/Sony-Dream-Machine-ICF-CS15iP-does-n ot-play-music-from-iPhone-4/td-p/104557

Good luck

My Sony icf-cs15ip docking station won't play music ,

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.