Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad 1st Generation not syncing!

I have an Ipad 1st generation. It is as upgraded as possible for it's generation. Whenever connected to my computer I am unable to update existing apps. I have also not been able to add new apps. It will allow me to remove whatever I want.

Mac mini, iOS 7

Posted on Mar 24, 2014 2:03 PM

5 replies

Mar 24, 2014 2:11 PM in response to PisceanMe

Its quite possible that the apps have been upgraded to require an operating system beyond what is running on your device. In that case, you won't receive any further updates as you have the highest version supported on your iPad. The same is likely happening when trying to buy apps - they are too new for the version of iOS on your device.

Mar 24, 2014 2:33 PM in response to drsailer

I checked that first. My netflix app was the first to stop working. When I tried updating it, I was given the message that I could not use the new version b/c of my iOS. I was also given the option to use the older netflix version. When I installed it, using the app store, it seemed to work just fine. It's when I connect my iPad to my computer to use iTunes that I have developed all the trouble.

Mar 24, 2014 6:01 PM in response to drsailer

I think that what you are saying about the problem being with the computer's OS (which is 10.9.2/maverick) may be the problem. Maybe that in conjunction with the latest iTunes upgrades are a problem with my older iPad.

But I don't get any kind of error message when I am trying to either sync, or update apps. The only messages I have gotten were when I attempted to update the netflix app directly on my iPad using the app store. And then the message said that the update I was attempting to install was not compatible with my iPad's OS. It then went on to inform me that I could instead re-install an earlier version of the netflix app that would work on my iPad. I installed it, and it works perfectly.--But when I connect the computer directly to my iPad so I could update some of the apps is when all the problems began. There were 22 updates available. When I tried to sync/apply changes(which included updates to 22 apps)iTunes carried on as though the sync was being done with all the changes requested. At the end of sync there was no sound to announce that the sync was done. When I looked back at the list of apps, all those that had said "will update" before I clicked apply, then said "update". Itunes had bounced out all changes I wanted, and was acting as if it had done all that I wanted. Nothing was done. Nothing at all. And during the sync process all messages indicated that the sync was going as it was supposed to.

iPad 1st Generation not syncing!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.